Mission Statement: To provide the highest quality care without judgment, in an atmosphere where people struggling with addiction can receive comprehensive, personalized, and respectful treatment.
We take a comprehensive, non-judgmental approach to addiction.
If you’re struggling with opioid abuse—and are ready to commit to trying to quit—our Addiction Medicine Program could help. Our dedicated team of medical, behavioral health, and social work professionals specialize in treating addiction—all under one roof at Saratoga Community Health Center.
What sets our program apart?
- As a patient, you will be expected to participate in all aspects of our comprehensive program:
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) at Saratoga Community Health Center
- Drug counseling from St. Peter’s Addiction Recover Center (SPARC)
- Behavioral health counseling from our Community Health Center psychiatrist
- For now, we only treat patients with opioid addictions.
- Patients must contact us directly to sign up. We must be confident that you are motivated to quit, so it is up to you—not a doctor or family member—to enroll in the program.
- We know that addiction is a disease and that addicts deserve patience and understanding—not criticism or judgment. If you relapse, we will work with you to get you back on track.
- Because we are a program of Saratoga Community Health Center, most of our services are offered at the center. We can also seamlessly connect you with other services at the same location, including primary care and dental services.
- For patients in crisis, we offer “walk-in” appointments every day, Monday through Friday.
Ready and motivated to quit? Call us at 518-886-5600.
THE ADDICTION MEDICINE PROGRAM TEAM
Dr. Zamer has been practicing addiction medicine for the past 15 years at St. Peter's Addiction Recovery Center (SPARC). He believes deeply in the disease model of addiction and strives to treat every patient with compassion and respect. He is board-certified in both family medicine and addiction medicine.
Dr. Simor provides behavioral health services for patients whose underlying mental health conditions contribute to addiction and increase the likelihood of relapse. She views each patient as an individual with unique strengths and challenges and provides confidential assistance to help patients maintain lifelong sobriety. A board-certified psychiatrist, Dr. Simor has been in practice for nearly two decades.
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Extended hours, by appointment:
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and
4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Available during normal and extended business hours