Mission Statement: To provide the highest quality care without judgment, in an atmosphere where people struggling with addiction can receive comprehensive, personalized, and respectful treatment.
We take a comprehensive, non-judgmental approach to addiction.
If you’re struggling with substance abuse—and are ready to commit to trying to quit—our Addiction Medicine Program could help. Our dedicated team of medical, behavioral health, and social work professionals specialize in treating addiction—all under one roof at Saratoga Community Health Center.
What sets our program apart?
- As a patient, you will be expected to participate in all aspects of our comprehensive, outpatient treatment program:
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) at Saratoga Community Health Center
- Substance abuse counseling
- Behavioral health counseling from our Community Health Center psychiatrist
- Patients must contact us directly to sign up. We must be confident that you are motivated to quit, so it is up to you—not a doctor or family member—to enroll in the program.
- We know that addiction is a disease and that addicts deserve patience and understanding—not criticism or judgment. If you relapse, we will work with you to get you back on track.
- Because we are a program of Saratoga Community Health Center, most of our services are offered at the center. We can also seamlessly connect you with other services at the same location, including primary care and dental services.
What do I need to do to get treatment?
Call us at 518-886-5600 to make an appointment. And call now, while you're motivated
How quickly could I start?
Once you decide to get treatment, it's important to act quickly. Call us. For patients in crisis, we'll do whatever we can to see you as soon as possible.
What if I can't afford it?
There are many options to consider when seeking care. We are not a cash-only program. If you are uninsured, don't let that stop you. At the Community Health Center, we provide healthcare for patients regardless of income. We offer financial assistance and bill on a sliding scale, based on your ability to pay.
We accept more health insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, so if you have health insurance, at lease some of your treatment costs should be covered. We also help uninsured patients apply for free or low-cost insurance.
Services during COVID-19
Addiction is an incredibly isolating experience, and one of the most challenging aspects of recovery is breaking that isolation to feel more connected.
The COVID-19 pandemic presents a particular challenge for members of our community on the path toward recovery. Social distancing, employment closures, and recommendations to stay at home are necessary safety precautions, but they can be anxiety provoking for everyone—especially for those in recovery.
THE ADDICTION MEDICINE PROGRAM TEAM
Dr. Zamer has been practicing addiction medicine for the past 15 years at St. Peter's Addiction Recovery Center (SPARC). He believes deeply in the disease model of addiction and strives to treat every patient with compassion and respect. He is board-certified in both family medicine and addiction medicine.
Brittany Beaudette, LMHC
Jeffrey Bettinger, Pharm D
Matt Elfner, CASAC
Molly Insogna, CASAC
Lauren Kelly, CASAC
Margret Lane, RN
Stacie Kruzinski, LMSW
Kelly Ogborn, RN
Monday – Friday:
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Extended hours, by appointment:
7:30 Am – 8:00 AM and
4:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Available during normal and extended business hours