Addiction Medicine: Services during COVID-19
Addiction is an incredibly isolating experience, and one of the most challenging aspects of recovery is breaking that isolation to feel more connected.
The COVID-19 pandemic presents a particular challenge for members of our community on the path toward recovery. Social distancing, employment closures, and recommendations to stay at home are necessary safety precautions, but they can be anxiety provoking for everyone—especially for those in recovery.
However, at the Addiction Medicine Program, our work will not stop. Our patients are our top priority, and we have implemented new procedures to provide them with the same high-quality treatment, support, and education during this unprecedented time.
We’re offering telemedicine visits to ensure continuity of care for patients and families. Please call the office at 518-886-5600 for more information.
In addition, Healing Springs is hosting virtual meetings via Zoom, and one-on-one peer support is available all day by phone. You may call 518-306-3048, or visit their website for more information. You can also find a list of community organizations offering self-care resources on our website.
Other online resources include:
• The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) has information on the benefits of telehealth for addiction services and a guide to online support groups, apps, and podcasts.
• The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers tips on social distancing and isolation and a list of virtual recovery resources.
• The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is your best source of information related to COVID-19, including how to protect yourself and your loved ones.
• The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) offers a detailed guide on potential COVID-19 implications for individuals with substance abuse disorders.
• The Grayken Center for Addiction at Boston Medical Center has provided a vast collection of online COVID-19 recovery resources.
Our patients are exceptionally resilient, as is this community. We are proud to be part of it.
As always, we are here for you if you need us.
Monday – Friday:
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Extended hours, by appointment:
7:30 Am – 8:00 AM and
4:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Available during normal and extended business hours